Interactive Bedworth Map

To return to the main menu either click the Back button on your browser or go to Home at the top of the page.

1. All Saints Square

Originally the town's market place, it is now pedestrianised.

2. Almshouses

These magnificent Victorian almshouses were built in 1840 to replace the original 1715 buildings which had been next to the parish church.

3. All Saints Church

The tower dates from the original church that was built in the 16th century. The church was rebuilt in 1890 by the long serving Rector, Canon F.H.Evans. The interior was reordered to incorporate a church centre in 1990.

4. Civic Hall

Built in the mid-1970s, this 800 seat, multi-function Civic Hall offers top-class entertainment most nights of the week. Adjoining the Civic Hall is a very successful Arts Centre.

5. War Memorial

The memorial was erected in 1921 and was paid for by public subscription to remember the 207 local men who died during the FIrst World War. A large parade is held in the town every year on Armistice Dday, 11th November. Bedworth is noted as being the only town in the UK which has never missed its tradition of commemorating the occasion on the 11th of the 11th.

6. Gates of Miner's Welfare Park

Built in the early 1920s and opened in 1923 on land purchased by the local Miner's Welfare Commitee. It was given to the parish council to maintain for the people of the town and has always been a delight to visit and a credit to those who tend the grass and flower beds. In 2000 it was officially named as the best park in the Britain by the 'Britain in Bloom' judges.

7. Winding Wheel

The winding wheel of the former Newdigate Colliery which helps to serve as a reminder of Bedworth’s industrial past.

8. Miner in the Park

Another reminder of Bedworth’s history is this representation of a coal miner made from recycled scrap metal.

9. Rye Piece Top Shops

During the heyday of silk ribbon weaving, Bedworth had many weavers working at home. Their looms, often rented, were installed on the top floors of their houses. Home working was gradually replaced by the development of a factory system and was completely ruined in 1860 when the Cobden treaty with France, admitted French silks duty free into England. Only two top shop buildings have survived.

10. St. Francis R.C Church

The church, dedicated to St.Francis of Assisi, was opened in June, 1883. In the early 1970s, the interior of the church as partically modernised with the new taberacle, altar, pulpit, font, Mary and Child, and the Sacred Heart and Risen Christ being made by Carmel Csauchi, the famous Maltese artist and sculptor.

11. St. Francis Terrace

A very distinctive line of surviving blue brick 'diaper' patterned houses which were once very popular in the town.

12. Health Centre

The modern health centre is built on the site of the original Nicholas Chamberlain Almhouses and schools which were built in 1715. These in turn had been replaced by the much loved Central Schools in 1845.

13. Mill Street Top Shops

During the heyday of silk ribbon weaving, Bedworth had many weavers working at home. Their looms, often rented, were installed on the top floors of their houses. Home working was gradually replaced by the development of a factory system and was completely ruined in 1860 when the Cobden treaty with France, admitted French silks duty free into England. Only two top shop buildings have survived.

14. Methodist Church

The present church was built in the 1960s. The original building from 1846 was accidentally burnt down in 1941.

15. Harry's Bakery

Bedworth’s oldest shop, much loved and noted for its quality bread and cakes.

16. Former Ezra Chapel

A group of three terraced houses which were converted many years ago from the old Ezra chapel.

17. Grove Terrace

An interesting row of houses with attractive dormer windows and patterned brickwork.

18. Old Graveyard

The old burial ground of the Old Meeting Reformed Church, last used in 1878.

19. Old Meeting Church

This is the town's oldest complete building having been built in 1726 by the Rev. Julius Saunders who came to Bedworth in 1686 and established the Old Meeting congregation. The roof of the building was raised in 1808 to add an imposing balcony to the body of the church, increasing its capacity for the ever increasing congregation.

20. Parsonage

Part of the Nicholas Chamberliane Almhouses and built in 1840 as the All Saints Parsonage to house the curate of the parish church.